Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 buick Lucerne cxl, 3.8l. cruise selector switch on

Customer Question
2007 buick Lucerne cxl...

2007 buick Lucerne cxl, 3.8l. cruise selector switch on steering wheel will not turn on system but sometimes it will. At no particular speed or time, slowing or accelerating either. However when it will switch on it works normally. It does not come off by itself when it is functioning. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not yet, want info

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Buick
9/24/2017
Buick Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

have you had it scanned for any codes?

Not yet

is it showing any trouble lights in the dash?

I will ck for codes and get back to you if need be.
Thanks

well if there are no codes we can do some electrical checks with a multi meter to see if your clock spring and switch are ok