Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My speedometer doesn't show the speed i'm driving sometimes…

Customer Question
My speedometer doesn't show...

My speedometer doesn't show the speed i'm driving sometimes it sits on zero and other times it sits on other speeds but doesn't change with increase or decrease speed.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 Buick Raineir

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've not tried anything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Buick Mechanic: Gary, Buick Technician replied 10 months ago
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

is the check engine light on ?

how does it ride and shift ?

The check engine light is always on. I've had it looked at but am told they find nothing wrong. It rides fine and shifts fine. I put a rebuilt transmission in it last year,

if its shifting fine and there are NO VSS codes set the computer is seeing the correct MPH from the VSS

the issue is going to be something internally in the gauge cluster i am sorry to say causing this issue

it would need to be sent out for repairs or replaced to fix this issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer