Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

My 1997 lesabre has climate control system ... it does not

blow through the mid vents...
my 1997 lesabre has climate control system ... it does not blow through the mid vents , just the windshield vent and floor
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, myself if possible ... i tried a another htr/ac control moduel, but no difference
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: the ac blows cold with about 35lbs pressure on low side
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have another prob. also ... the fuel gauge stays on full ... it seems that there is no power to the fuel tank sender unit ... what wire (color) goes from the instrument cluster fuel gauge back to wire plug back by the r.rear wheel (under body)
9/24/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

We are only permitted to help on one issue per post. Which would you like me to help you tackle?

the AC just blowing through windshield vents and not the mid ones causing the windshield to frost up
24 September 2017 10:21
Lets start with the AC just blowing through windshield defroster vents and not the mid range vents causing the windshield to frost up

Most likely this is a vacuum concern. Can you do the test and inspections from the links below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivvbext8g06c3tw/defrostvalve.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ip1bmjjm4jm0tij/vacuumprogrammer.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

where is this control located ?

The programmer is behind the glove box.

Do you have to remove the glove box?

You just have to lower it beyond its stops.

Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Sorry you were not pleased with my help

Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician