Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When i turn the key nothing happens. Ive tried both park and…

When i turn the...

When i turn the key nothing happens

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Ive tried both park and neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2010 enclave cxl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Enclave yourself? What have you tried so far?

Bought it at auction for the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

9/22/2017
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. are you getting a click, or a series of clicks?

The only click is coming from the steering wheel

ok. do you have a volt meter?

ok, lets pull the starter relay. let me know when you have that done

Is that the one marked crank

yes

Ok its out
The positions arent marked but the one by the fire wall toward the fender has 12.5 the other 3 nothing

are they marked on the bottom by the prongs?

on the bottom of the relay the prongs may be numbered.

Ok they are 30 has no power

not good.

check the 40 amp starter fuse

It looks good

whats the battery voltage reading?

12.34

ok, check the power wire going into the fuse block

12.1

ok. you need to make sure that fuse is good

pop the plastic cover off it if you have to

I dont see a fuse there
That fuse is good i even switched it with the fan one and its still the same

pull the fuse and see if theres power to it

12.3

ok. if you have voltage at the fuse and the fuse is good and you dont have voltage at position 30 in the relay slot then you have aq broken wire from the relay to the fuse

do a continuity test of the wire from the fuse to the relay position 30

Ok i will try that wont be till monday

ok, please accept the answer and leave a 3 stars or more rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. even though you accept and rate doesnt mean we are done as i will be with you until the vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions are you;d like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician