Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It's a 2000 Buick lasaber driving down the road the engine…

It's a 2000 Buick...

It's a 2000 Buick lasaber driving down the road the engine just quits, we pull over n most the time it starts right back up n other times we have to wait a little bit! But it does always start up anyway so far????

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Oh yes no problem there

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Buick?

Laseber

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have replaced two parts that were expensive cause two different places said they knew what the problem is!

9/21/2017
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

what 2 parts were replaced ?

I don't know just they were electrical

ignition switch ? ignition module ?

I think that was both of them
What do you think
I have a appointment will talk tomorrow!!

i think the issue is a bad ignition switch or ignition module or crank sensor

its usually one of the 3

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

How much is a crank sensor?

a crank sensor cost is @ $ 75 to 90 for the part

Gary
Gary, Buick Technician