Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

92 Buick has started to make a noticeable hesitation when…

Customer Question
39;92 Buick has started...

39;92 Buick has started to make a noticeable hesitation when changing gears yesterday. Checked the transmission fluid and it looks good and smells good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty?

It isn't dirty and husband said it looks great. I'd have to inquire as to what color it is but he's been around cars quite a long time.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '92 Buick?

Actually! Its a 2004 Buick Century! :)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not tried fixing anything. It did this last year for about a week and then stopped. Now it has done it again yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope And it is reddish color. We checked it when it was warm.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Buick
9/21/2017
Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Buick Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What can happen that I have seen quite a few times in the past is the valve body can develop debris in it that can cause transmission shifting issues.It will cause a hesitation in some cases or even hard shifting in other cases.I have had some success flushing out the transmission with a transmission flush machine and changing the filter to resolve this issue.This will free up and remove any debris in the transmission.The fluid may appear to be o.k. and be at the correct level but clutch debris from the internal clutches can develop in the valve body and plug ports or passages slightly causing this issue here.

I would start with having the flush done.

If this does not resolve the issue at all then the valve body needs to be tested to see if it needs replaced as well as the pressure solenoid for any issues.

All of these are common for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete