Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My granddaughter stepped on the cover of the seat adjustment…

My granddaughter stepped on...

My granddaughter stepped on the cover of the seat adjustment on the driver's side of my 2004 Buick Park Avenue and broke the clear plastic holders inside. I've been told by Hendrick's Collision repair no part is available. Is that true?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Park Avenue yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it is in Hendrick's today for 2 other items - the door makes a loud sound when it is opened and closed and they are replacing that part and the two guides for the seat which a detailer left just flopping.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just I'd love to get the part for my seat side so I don't have to tape it. It looks awful.

9/21/2017
Pete, Buick Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately GM quits making uncommon parts for their vehicles when they are 10 years old so most likely this part that is broken is no longer available new.I have run into this allot especially for trim pieces and brackets.What I do to get the part I need is to go with a used part.Below is a link to a large list of salvage yards in the US.Just enter your vehicle info and enter something like your looking for a seat.Then it will populate a list of who has it and their contact info.Then contact one or several of the salvage yards and see if they can sell you just that cover or trim piece as they usually can fairly cheap and can ship it to you.

http://www.car-part.com

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Buick Technician