Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

The information center on the dash works occasionally when

the information center on the dash works occasionally when you tap on the glass checked plugs on back of cluster all gauges work fine
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 3 weeks
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2002 lesabre limited
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i hope so. I have removed the panel and checked plugs in the back it works when you press on the panel in and out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

when you can tap on it and make it work there is an internal issue inside the gauge cluster itself

usually a bad processor board or some weak solder joints

the fix for this is removing it and sent out to be repaired or to replace it with a rebuilt one or pick up a used one to swao it out

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer