Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My gas needle is not reading correctly. it stays on full and…

Customer Question
My gas needle is...

My gas needle is not reading correctly. it stays on full and then all of a sudden it'll move straight down to empty but it's not empty. And also the display that shows on the front window shield of your speed whenever you're driving doesn't come on when i crank the car and the car will not let me roll the windows down or work the radio or when open the sunroof until it comes on. which takes 5-20 minutes of driving before it turns on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

I'm not for sure about what the fuel supply is.... And i did have to change one of my fuses the other day for my cigarette and car charger fuse because it was blown. i don't know what fuse number it could be though for the gas needle.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2002 rendezvous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?

I use autozone for parts and i also go to a mechanic shop for it. Autozone told me i needed to take it to have a smoke test done because my engine light was on because something was leaking but they didn't know from where .that's why they recommended the smoke test. I haven't tried solving the anything about my gas needle and display so far because i wanted to try to research problems first.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My AC and heater doesn't work either

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Buick Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 11 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** the symptoms you are giving to me it sounds like either a failing ignition switch or a bad body control module. Both are very common failures on this vehicle and will cause this to occur. I will usually do a voltage drop test of the ignition switch first to see if it is okay. If it is then either the body control module needs to be tested with a scan tool or replaced with a new programmed unit. Please let me know if you need more help.