Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My obd 2 says problem with fuel pump control 1. Is there any…

Customer Question
My obd 2 says...

My obd 2 says problem with fuel pump control 1. Is there any way I can reset it, or would I have to buy a new module?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Not since I had it which is a month, got it from a dealership and it was supposed to be pre- certified

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2011 Buick lacrosse, 3.6 sedan 4door

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Another one was transmission control module 1 as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I took out mini fuses #1 and # 20 I think it was 20 to try to reset ecm not sure if I did it right.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Buick Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What are the actual code numbers?

My scanner doesn't give the codes, just name of the problem.

Lets try and get a actual code number, you can have codes checked for free at your local parts store. It is very rare that codes set without parts needing to be replaced so even if you reset codes they would most likely come back within a couple days. Let me know what codes are when you get a chance, thanks.