Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I have a 2012 buick enclave with 125,000 highway miles on

it. Suddenly in the...
I have a 2012 buick enclave with 125,000 highway miles on it. Suddenly in the hills of Pennsylvania the car began to intermittently shake (feels like driving on rumble strips but without the noise). I have taken it to a Midas franchise we have used for years and had wheels balanced, tires rotated and front brakes serviced. Took back when issue continued but told couldn't find anything. Meanwhile nothing is showing on the monthly OnStar report. Took to the dealer who hooked to diagnostic and had it gone over with no recommendation for service other than possibly draining and replacing transmission fluid.
I would love to hear any suggestions as to what problem is or who could repair it.
Thank you.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I look forward to your answer.

On Star won't report a vibration issue. The transmission/torque converter would be the place to look including the drive axles. I agree that this won't be easy to find, especially on the internet, BUT, what we do in my shops is attach sound/vibration sensors throughout the car and watch our sound/decibel tool for frequency increases. This gets us to where the problem is at.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Ron gave me an answer as to what the problem might be so I would call that satisfactory.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on. You need to click on the star at the top of the page for me.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor