Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Awd disable light is on, The message center in the top

Awd disable light is on JA...
Awd disable light is on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The message center in the top middle of the gauge cluster
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 04
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, haven't tried anything yet, nothing in the manual
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes it has a hesitation when you push the gas pedal hard
9/17/2017
Pete, Buick Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This message coming on indicates a fault has been detected with the power train or anti lock brake computer with the awd system.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out of all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.I have seen a failing wheel speed sensor cause this fault as well as a faulty rear differential actuator cause this issue needing replaced.The codes do need read out.A local shop or dealer can read out and diagnose the codes for a fee.A local parts store in some cases can read out the codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I have a code reader, however when I connect it to the Buick it says vehicle required. The reader works on my other cars

The code reader you have may not be compatible with this model here and also a code reader alone wont be able to check codes in all computers in your vehicle.You would need higher end scan tool to be able to communicate with all computers to find out what code is set to help locate the fault here.This type of tool can be around $200 or more in some cases over $1000.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Buick Technician
Pete, Buick Technician