Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

How can i tell if i have front wheel bearing problems,my tcs

Customer Question
how can i tell...
how can i tell if i have front wheel bearing problems,my tcs light stays on i took off the drivers side tire and put my 2003 buick rendevous in drive and i have a thumping going on,would you replace the front hubs?I did this with thetire off the ground and the passengers on the ground can you heip me.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I think it's from the hub, we just got the SUV so don't know how long,
JA: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can probably replace the front hub assembly myself and I'm just guessing this is the problem when I drove it down the rode you could hear the road grinding noise.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I need to pay for your answer my daughter Emily is sleeping rightnow. who has the debit card,please tell me how to proceed,I need to properly dianosis the problem,if I need to I'll wake her up.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Buick
9/17/2017
Buick Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 2 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do you still have the wheel off the ground?

Grab the wheel at 12 and 6 and move your hands in opposite directions and see if the wheel will move in and out please.

Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician