Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Won't crank, Yes got a security ligjt, 2002 rendevous,

Customer Question
Won't crank Mechanic's Assistant:...

Won't crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes got a security ligjt

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2002 rendevous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed starter programmed a new key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Original key was lost previous owner changed ignition found original key in dash

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Buick
9/17/2017
Buick Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago
eric remington

I​s lock cylinder good it has a passlock sensor that needs to be synched to key.... is passlock sensor good is key good

Buick Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

bcm codes?

Don't know about the lock sensor , just got a new key and tried to program it 10:30/10:30/10:30 tried to start nothing
Buick Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

when you left key on did the antitheft light go off after the ten minutes

Buick Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago
before you turned it off. I realize you are supposed to do that thrice
Buick Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

s​o you changed the key because? the passlock sensor fails often at least once in a life of these gm vehicles

Buick Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

I​f the light does not go off after the key has been on for the ten minutes (lets say on the first cycle) then that means the bcm is not recognizing the synch of the key and the passlock

Buick Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

th​e passlock sensor is built into the lock cylinder. you would need a semi good scanner (not the 100 dollar ones ) to get the ucodes and bcm codes that are set when the passlocks fail

Buick Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

s​o leave the key on for the ten minutes on the first pass if light does not go out that means you probably have a bad passlock sensor