Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 Buick FOB won't lock or unlock the doors and manually…

Customer Question
2002 Buick FOB won't...

2002 Buick FOB won't lock or unlock the doors and manually unlock passenger door, but unable to start the car thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

I am having my daughter go replace it in both FOBs to see if that is it. Just wanting to see if there is anything else we should try before towing to get checked.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Buick?

BUick Rendezvous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?

IT happened this morning no time to fix. I remember this happening when I had car before I gave to daughter. I am trying to see if we can identify problem or have concept before calling for help. She recently had the BCM replaced (like 5 months ago) so not sure that is really it. That was an expensive part and repair.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I know when we use the FOB a red light blinks in the car with a lock on it - some kind of anti-engine start that came with the car (not 3rd party) That light is still on when we manually unlock the door I know that light has to shut off in order for the key to work in the ignition.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Buick
9/15/2017
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Key in the run position is the theft light off or flashing?

Will the engine at least crank?