Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

I have a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon, I am needing

I have a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon, I am needing some help on some things on my car, first is how to properly bleed the coolant, second what is the normal operating temperature, third my temp gauge is inaccurate sometimes is really cold sometimes 1/4 sometimes half on the gauge, but when I use the HVAC panel it registers 200, last is I noticed lately that when I turned on the a/c the aux fan won't kick in. Thanks

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist. Please allow me a moment to gather some information.

1. to bleed, fill the radiator and run the engine at 1500 rpm watching the coolant level until it burps and you get heat.

2. 195-200

3. sounds like you need a thermostat. it should not vary like that

4/ is this a front wheel drive??

Roy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, I got a new thermostat already installed, rear wheel drive

did it overheat prior to the repair???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No overheating, I just replace it by thinking that is the problem of inaccurate temp gaugd

try bleeding it first. checking on the fan motor. that may be the key. it should keep the temp normal.

Roy

make sure you check the 40 amp fuse listed. check for power on both sides of the fuse

Roy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bled it already still the same

how did you bleed it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did what you told me, and there is power on the fuse I checked it before

is there power to the motor??? with the ac on?? the ac must have 150 lbs pressure on the high side in order for the motor to work

Please take a moment and rate my service 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. We only get paid when you accept our answers

Roy