Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I WAS JUST IN THE MIDDLE OF HURRANE IRMA AND MY CAR SAT

I WAS JUST IN THE MIDDLE OF HURRANE IRMA AND MY CAR SAT OUTSIDE.LAST NIGHT MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND STAYS ON.DO I TAKE IT TO A DEALERSHIP?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: STAYS ON
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2008 buick Lucerne 3.8 v-6
JA: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I JUST BOUGHT IT----I AM A RETIRED SCHOOL TEACHER----I AM NOT FIXING IT MYSELF
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Since you're not fixing it yourself. Your options are to take it to a dealer or an independant shop. They will scan the computer to get the code, then they will diagnose what caused the code and light. Then give you a quote to repair it labor and parts. Hope you fared well from Irma, my wife has family that stuck it out in Bradenton.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
5 stars response

Thanks