Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Buick, 2003 rendezvous, yes, cranks but no start. will fire

Customer Question

Buick
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2003 rendezvous
JA: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, cranks but no start. will fire on starting fluid
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist. Please allow me a moment to gather some information.

the first thing I would do is check the fuel pressure. you can rent a tester at a parts store and the port is right by the power steering pump.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no pressure, also ran fine until sunroof got left open in raun
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Check to see if the 15 amp Fuel Pump fuse in location 1 of fuse box under the hood has voltage. If so jump pin 87 to pin 30 and see if that makes vehicle produce fuel pressure. If not then fuel pump has probably failed, you can replace filter first. If that doesn't help remove pump and check for good power/ground at pump with key in start position. If power/ground are good then the fuel pump needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.