Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 Buick LeSabre. Was changing the multi function switch,

Customer Question
and noticed someone had been...
2004 Buick LeSabre. Was changing the multi function switch, and noticed someone had been there before me. They had cut the plug off the harness with the two wires (green with white stripe wire and black wire). they had spliced those two wires into two wires that traveled down the steering column, those two wires are green, and the other one is black. Is this correct? Do the green with white stripe and black wire on the multifunction switch belong with the green wire and black wire that travel down the steering column? thanks
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Buick
9/10/2017
Buick Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

I'm not able to find these specific wires in diagrams but if you tell me what wasn't working right I'll check those circuits out. Let me know, thanks.

Headlights not working right high / low beams. Irrelevant to my question. If you can't answer initial question please release to another expert. I need to know no later than tomorrow

Sounds good, I'll open question back up to see if someone can find the wiring you are referring to.

Buick Mechanic: Marvin the Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

Looking at the colors and the wiring diagram. It looks like they might have bypassed the shift lock solenoid.

Let's check something out. Without the vehicle running and the parking brake on. Without stepping on the brake pedal can you shift the transmission out of park?