Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Battery drain. Is there a fix? AAA tested it and said that

Customer Question

Battery drain. Is there a fix?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: AAA tested it and said that the battery was good. He said something is on or an open circuit is draining it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2011.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it is a simple fix, I would. Right now I have a trickle charger on the posts, but that is not a sustainable option.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all that I know.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

So more than likely you have a drain in the system and will need to perform a draw test to locate the problem, do you have a volt meter for testing?