Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

1998 century custom with the passenger side temperature

Customer Question
control...heats ok in winter, but...
1998 century custom with the passenger side temperature control...heats ok in winter, but will not cool either side in summer. compressor running ok, gauges show ok, very cold ac tubes going into dash from engine compartment. Believe that some selector door is not moving enough to shut off air flow thru heater core so ac doesnt get to cool air. where is this temperature door control at and how far should it move? I'm 62 yo and crawling under dash is no longer fun for me...
Jeff
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Buick
8/13/2017
Buick Mechanic: tim's auto repair, mechanic replied 6 months ago
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

it would seem you have a bad temperature door actuator and it needs to be replaced

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow319hf1i7xf7su/0812-buick-Remove%20or%20Disconnect.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/ow319hf1i7xf7su/0812-buick-Remove%20or%20Disconnect.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic