Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I have a 1999 buick lasabre and the ac clutch relay is good

but no voltage to its...
I have a 1999 buick lasabre and the ac clutch relay is good but no voltage to its coil or contact. The fuse under hood to ac is good. I have a fuse block the left dash, fuses ok, fuse block under right dash has 3 fuses, all powered and good. The only other fuses are in row next to it and has 5 fuses with no volts on either side but are good fuses. Where did my power go? Does the volts come from a module? Where is it located?
8/13/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I am sorry all others online prior have decided to pass on this question. I have just now gotten caught up and am available to help now or later if help is still needed.

Thanks, ***** ***** so much going text may be best. I have a time critical schedule so I may be off and on if ok
Please text

Sounds like the wire diagram would help. https://www.dropbox.com/s/erx2u282njhljh6/regalac.pdf?dl=0

Is fuse 7E under the dash good and does it have battery voltage?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Good prints, let me do some checks and get back.
I had previously checked all fuses labeled ac and they were good. Fuse 7e was labeled "10a non obd11 misc eng" and was blown. Changing gave voltage to ac clutch relay but will not pull clutch when ac is turned on. Could it be no AC Request from
PCM, Maybe due to Freon Pressure Sensor fault? If so how do I troubleshoot Pressure Sensor or cheat it?

You need to see if the AC request wire is powered to the PCM, if it is then that leaves the PCM or the pressure sensor or the freon level to blame for the PCM to no be grounding the relay.

Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Chris, The unrecognized label Fuse E7 threw me a curve. Its replacement gave me relay power. The other curve was the AC was cooling when problem with clutch relay came up and after your suggestion it might be AC Request, PCM, Sensor, or Freon
I took the easy first, Freon, and it must have been marginal when I started and had dropped below cut off pressure. I'm good except for the leak. Fingers crossed on that. I Thank you kindly. The prints were worth the price and the good help rated
*****

Good job

Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician