Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

For some odd reason it won't start, Took out the batter

Customer Question

For some odd reason it won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Took out the batter cleaned all connections and let the batter sit overnight on the charger put it on the next morning and nothing
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2001 Buick park ave
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: That's pretty it what I've told you already
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes.. when I put the battery after sitting on the charger all night I could hear the starter click like 4-5 times as I tried to start it and then the battery went dead.. so we charged it again and it only clicked on time the next go round and every time I turned the key after that all the dash lights went off, the radio went off
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ted G. replied 2 months ago.

Certainly sounds to me like your battery is not holding a charge. Likely you have a dead cell and as soon as you pull a little power from it, it dies.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've got a couple more thing up my sleeve to try before I go and fork out a bunch of money on a battery.. this car has 210,000 miles on it
Expert:  Ted G. replied 2 months ago.

Okay.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Funny part about it is that we were using and driving the car when it happened.. used to take the trash up the driveway and back a few times and then parked the car, shut it off and realized we had forgotten some went to start it back up and it started doing this
Expert:  Ted G. replied 2 months ago.

To be sure, quickly, charge the battery on your charger, then take it to the auto parts store, they'll test it free of charge and can tell you right away. I bet it's got a bad cell.