Matt Haas
Matt Haas,
Experience:  Fleet Mechanic at Pepsi
98786112

My drivers door window, lock, and mirror won't work. Checked

Customer Question

My drivers door window, lock, and mirror won't work.
Checked the drivers door harness and there is no red wire
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do you understand wire diagrams and using a volt meter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

Are you planning to diagnose and fix this yourself or with a helper or just looking for info about possible causes prior to going to a shop?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll fix it

Since you do not have the tool to diagnose this. Let me know what you want from me so I get you the answer you expect?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. From the begining... The fuel gague was not working when I bought the car. I changed out the fuel pump/filter and sending unit. Car runs fine & fuel gage now works. After I finished, none of the functions in the drivers door work.( I have no idea how these two problems could be related ) The other window and lock switches still work. The breaker under the back seat is good.
I read a posting on the buick forum of a similar problem. His "Just Answer" tech told him..."If you have voltage at the Driver Door Module on the RED & ORANGE wires, it is likely the Driver Door Module is bad
If the RED wire does not have voltage, remove the Circuit Breaker located under hood MAXI Fuse box for apprx 5 minutes & try it again."
I have voltage in the orange wires & there is no red wire. I'm trying to determine if the problem is the module itself. I don't want to spend the money for a new module if that's not the problem.

The problem with the blogs you have read are they too indicate testing. You do not have the tools to do so. All I can offer at this point is this or that may be to blame. I can not offer help diagnosing and figuring this out without tools.

Expert:  Matt Haas replied 2 months ago.
Hello, what is the year and model of your Buick?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
02 less re
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
LeSabre
Ok, assuming you have checked all the applicable fuses, I'm sure they were all good since the functions work on the other switches. If you have power to the main switch, the drivers switch is your most likely problem.