FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I cannot get my park lights off. I locked the door without

Customer Question

I cannot get my park lights off. I locked the door without being in park. Remoewont work now
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The park lights
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2016 Buick LaCrosse
JA: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I opened my door with the emergency key. When I got into the car it will not let me start it with the start button
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is someone there?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the delay in someone getting to you. You may have caused the battery to die in the vehicle. You need to start by jumping the vehicle or charging the battery. This should take care of it. If not then the programming in the computer may have locked up due to locking the vehicle in gear. In some cases you can fix this by removing the negative battery cable for a few minutes and then reinstalling it and it will take care of it. In some rare cases the car will need to be reprogrammed by the dealer to fix this. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.