Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

It wont start. Nothing at all. Neither key fobs will even…

Customer Question
It wont start. Nothing...

It wont start. Nothing at all. Neither key fobs will even lock doors. A charger that i put on battery says charged. The key had been left turned up a click overnight when i put up windows due to rain.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

How?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

I have had to press the buttons several times to get doors locked/unlocked lately.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Buick?

2006 rendezvous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just attached a charger to battery. It says its charged.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I hurriedly put up windows before the rain by just turning the key up a notch but not starting the car. Then accidently left it like that overnight.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Buick
8/1/2017
Buick Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the key was left on overnight and now the vehicle is electrically dead then you can be pretty certain the problem is a dead battery. You won't be able to rely on a consumer grade battery charger to give you an actual indication of battery health.

What I would recommend is either a jump start (not always reliable), swapping in a known good battery, or having this battery load tested. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone or even Wal-Mart will test batteries for free.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician