Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Second opinion] i startedd my LeSabre and drove about 2

Customer Question
Second opinion] i startedd...

Second opinion] i startedd my LeSabre and drove about 2 miles. Turned it off. Left the car for 2 minutes. Came back and started it. A loud noise was coming form the engine compartment. I could not tell if it was a hot radiator, but it was that type of sound. I turned off the cat and the sound continued.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I coild not restart the car. When I opened the hood I looked under the hood and the sound was coming from the engine. The car smelled hot

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your LeSabre?

Battery was working. I used it to put up the windows. I had no tools and so I had to walk home. Came bck and the sound stopped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tried nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Buick
7/30/2017
Buick Mechanic: Gary, Buick Technician replied 11 months ago
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

.

Buick Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's hard to say without being able to hear the noise in person but I'm wondering if you may have been hearing a hissing noise due to a coolant or possibly a refrigerant leak.

Can you describe exactly what you heard?