Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

My wife is driving to California and has a warning

Customer Question

My wife is driving to California and has a warning indication that the Traction Control is OFF. She also says that she is experiencing engine power issues and is only able to drive at 65 mph on a 75mph freeway. She still has 250 miles to go to reach her destination. Should she get this fixed before completing the trip?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: ~ 50K
JA: What year is your California?
Customer: I believe the car is 2013 and auto transmission. She was driving with cruise control at 80mph
JA: Are you fixing your California yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know what you mean by "am I fixing Califormia yourself?". We bought the car in Goodyear Az. My wife is driving by herself and called me on my cell phone to report the problem. SHe is currently driving at 65mph and expects to stop at a Love's gas station where she normally stops to fill up with gas.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I know at this time.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I READ YOUR NOTES, THE TRAC AND ABS LIGHT WILL COME ON SHOWING THAT THE ecu has disabled them because it senses a fault code in one of it's inputs. So what needs to be done first is have a scanner or code reader put on your vehicle and pull up any trouble codes to give us direction to go.