Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Power windows do not work. Replaced it. then I replaced the…

Customer Question
Power windows do not...

Power windows do not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Yes. replaced it. then I replaced the power switch unit in the driver side door. it hums but windows do not move

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2004 regal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Regal yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced fuse. replaced the unit on the door with the master up/down switches and the lock unit for all the windows. the old one had a broken lock toggle switch but I could control the windows from the master unit on the drive door. the other control switches in the other doors did not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. that brings you up to date

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Buick
7/28/2017
Buick Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

None of the windows work?

right now ... none
typing is fine.
dan ... are you there?

Yes, I'm here. The common problems are broken wiring in door jamb or ground 301. While holding window switch down grab wiring harness in door and wiggle it around, if window moves you know wiring is problem. If not, clean ground 301 which is under the door sill. Here is a picture of ground, let me know if you have questions. Thanks

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe5lsxshvnxaot8/301.pdf?dl=0

Dan, Technician