Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have vibration in seat and steering that no one can seem

Customer Question

I have vibration in seat and steering that no one can seem to fix/ diagnose. I JUST had an engine mount, and sway bars replaced, new tires in front, good in rear (both road force balanced). It diminished the vibration by Buick Park Ave 2001 still vibrates above 55mph
JA: How often does the vibration occur, and when did you last have the tires balanced?
Customer: I had them balanced (road force balanced) about 3 weeks ago. it vibrated a bit on the ride home and the next day.
JA: What is the model of your '01 Buick?
Customer: park ave-base
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no this is all done at repair shops.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is about it.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had this vibration for some time. I have went to several places and they tried many things with the tire. The last place I went for tires was very thorough--I took in a GM service notice that explained my situation and trouble shooting to see what on that list they could do. It did seem to help for a day or so, but I still could feel a vibration and it came back quickly (next day or so). I found one post that stated the tires could need a different toe in to prevent the vibration. That is what I am going to attempt next...since no one else can find anything wrong with the suspension parts and replacing the axles and cv joints on a hunch is much more costly than a realignment. I have read others with my situation and same make/model that have replace axles without effect.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the vibration gets worse or goes away once you go faster? Will the vibration go away if you let off of the gas pedal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No there is little change with acceleration. From 55 on up vibration
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

And it just gets worse the faster you go? Do you feel it more in the steering wheel or the entire vehicle?