Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

The that holds shift lever on keeps coming loose should I

Customer Question

the nut that holds shift lever on keeps coming loose should I add a lock washer or thread lock ?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: 2000 buick century , original trans but I recently had the solonoids replaced that is when problem started
JA: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes the car would not go in park and would not let key out I tightend nut and that solved the problem but I don't want it to keep happening
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

yes add locktight to it as that nut should be a self locker and the odds are the self locking park of the nut is not there anymore or you can add a lock washer under it

either way that should stop it from loosening up

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

how are you making out ?