Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Second opinion] I placed a code scanner on their and it read…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I placed a...
Second opinion] I placed a code scanner on their and it read a code for a crankshaft position sensor I replaced the sensor and it will not startJA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?Customer: Also, there was a code for a manufacturer control P1441JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?Customer: 97 Buick Park Avenue 3.8JA: Are you fixing your Park Avenue yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: I had a mechanic replace the crankshaft sensorJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: No, not at this moment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
4/1/2017
Buick Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The code P1441 indicates a problem with the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vacuum Switch and should not keep the car from starting. What was the code it was setting when they replaced the Crankshaft position sensor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After the crankshaft was replaced, it stopped cranking up. It wouldn't start last night before i replaced it, after 45 minutes it started back up just fine. After replacement, no start. It sound like it wants to but no luck
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No codes were present besides the P1441. I thought it was a soleinoid but i guess not
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry i dont have enough money to pay for a call

The code P1441 sets in most cases due to a failing Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vacuum Switch but that should not keep the engine from starting. In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors, proper fuel pressure and good compression. Can you check each one of these things and see which one you are lacking and I will help you determine the cause.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks

Post back with your results and we can work from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay

Im here when your ready.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked compression, injectors, aand even replaced wiring. I replaced the new crank sensor and put the old one back on. No luck

So which are you lacking, injector pulse or spark and what was your compression readings as well as your fuel pressure reading?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Omp

What dose OMP means?