Amedee
Amedee, Buick Mechanic
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

When I turn the key to start the car, it just make a

Customer Question

When I turn the key to start the car, it just make a fluttering noise and doesn't turn over.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Key not damaged, wheel locked, all light on dash come on
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2007 Buick Lucerne
JA: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: when it wouldn't start, I just left it in the garage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the last two times I started the car, I had to make two attempt to get it started
Category: Buick
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

Do the headlights work? What about the dome lights?

Are you looking for possible causes?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the lights work i am trying to figure out if this is a starter problem or solenoid
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

No problem! I will be happy to help!

Here is how to tell or check the system..

Your going to need to start by checking the battery and connections first. The battery may be low on a charge or it may be bad. If this checks out good, then you need to check for battery voltage down at the starter when the key is in the CRANK position. If there is low voltage, then you could have a bad connection or faulty ground.

If there is battery voltage at the starter on both terminals but the starter is not activating, the starter is bad and will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions or if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help!

Let me know!

Customer/p>