Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I was waiting in line when the car started to vibrate. The

Customer Question
I was waiting in line...
I was waiting in line when the car started to vibrate. The service engine soon light started flashing. I drove home but noticed I didn't have good acceleration
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I'm a female (lol) and have no idea what that means
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Buick Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2004 le sabre
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I drove home and pouted
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Buick
1/8/2017
Buick Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 10 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

This sounds like you have a miss fire in the ignition system. The check engine light only flashes when it detects a miss fire. Do you know what size engine you have in your car? If not can you post the vin number for me so I can look it up for you?

It's 2:00 a.m. And below zero. I can check tomorrow. Is it okay to drive short distances?

Yes it will be ok to drive it short trips. If you would like I can walk you through fixing this problem. I can tell you what parts, tools and supplies you will need. This should not be a hard repair and yes you can do it with my help and it will save you alot of money.

I'm a 67 year old female. I can put gas in the car, period. Is it really easy?

It can be. The first thing I would need you to do will be to go to your local auto parts store like Advance, oreillys, or auto zone and have them read the trouble codes for you. Make sure to ask them to write down the codes as I need to know exactly what codes are being set. This will be free for you to have done. Do not let them talk you into buying any parts as of yet. And I have talked a few older then you how to fix there own cars. You are not that old so please do not go there. When you get up around 110 then you can start to say you may be getting old.

You are awesome! I can do this at lunch tomorrow. Have to get ready for the Packers game! Go Pack! P.S. I always use 82 as old, so I like your answer much better.

Chat with you tomorrow.

Did you want to work on your problem?

Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician