Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

My 2014 Buick La Crosse has the digital readout speedometer

Customer Question

My 2014 Buick La Crosse has the digital readout speedometer in the center of the dash board. Once it a while it disappears. What can i push to get it back
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since i purchased the car new
JA: What is the model of your '14 Buick?
Customer: La Crosse CSX
JA: Are you fixing your CSX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The man at the Buick garage told me to push a certain lever on the steering wheel. ,,,,,but that doesn't seem to take care of it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Man at Buick garage told me to push a certain lever, but that doesn't take care of it
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is blinking in and out like this here and you have no other electronic issues in your model besides this fault here this can be due to the fault of the led bar in the instrument cluster itself.This bar can fail/act up causing this issue here with the cluster needing removed and repaired by an authorized repair facility or removed and replaced.This may be covered under factory warranty to be repaired at no charge to you from a dealer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete