sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Turn key nothing BUT sounds like something running in engine

Customer Question

turn key nothing BUT sounds like something running in engine compartment 2001 lesabre
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: in park. I think yes wheel lock.
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes self. so far just wait for whatever is running to stop then try starting.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Buick
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that will cause a no crank condition and it will take some testing to determine what is going on. You could have a bad starter, ignition switch, the powertrain control module may not be awake, it could be the starter relay, wiring, a security issue; there are dozens of possible causes.

Do you hear a click when turning the key to the crank position?