sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

No start no crank just alram chirping when i take the key

Customer Question

no start no crank just alram chirping when i take the key out of the ignition. i started it drove it to my bank and it died while driving. occassionally i get some dash lights but not much else
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes they all seem to be fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 99 buick lesabre custom v6 3.8L
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive checked the fuses and the battery cables terminals. im just trying to figure out where to begin looking so i can see if i can fix it myself if it is a simple fix my radio displays e00 sometimes but i cant find anywhere that explains thia to me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the car was running fine and just died ive tried getiing a jump start thibking the battery died but it wont even take a charge and it doesnt change my cars condition.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There are no interior lights when door opens, when I put key in ignition and try to turn to on position, I occasionally get some dash lights like the security and check engine no gauges are working only displaying empty fuel light when there is fuel in the tank. Then I try to start it and everything dims and nothing radio is displaying E00. So I move the key to off position to take out and the security alarm makes a double chirping sound. My window don't work my power locks don't work nothing. I checked the fuses and the battery connections and cables, they are all good expect my battery is drained now. Any suggestions on what could be going on with my Buick? If it is a smaller fix I'd be happy to do it myself it's kinda a hobby I am new at. If ita major I need to find a professional. Thanks again for all you help.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  david craig replied 9 months ago.

Hi Im David, do you have a meter to check the battery voltage?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't at the moment but I do know it was a little weak when the last time I checked it. I had a tow truck try with a portable battery charger and that still didn't help.

if the battery is weak or has a bad cell a portable charger wont help anyway. we really need to get a fully charged battery and check voltages .......

Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the vehicle is essentially electrically dead then you either have a bad battery, a cable or connection issue, possibly a power distribution issue. The battery may be that dead due to the alternator not charging if it died while driving.

Has the battery been load tested or replaced with a known good one?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Now that I've charged my battery it still is a no crank no start I get a flashing security light and the alarm chirping still but not much else. Could it be the VATS?

If you're hearing a chirp then you do have an aftermarket alarm, correct? Factory would use the horn.