Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I need the wirering diagram for the alarm system on my 2007

Customer Question
buick lucerne. I am unable...
I need the wirering diagram for the alarm system on my 2007 buick lucerne. I am unable to put the alarm on because it goes shorty after setting it. It has at time giving a hood open, I have replaced the hood latch, the car has remote start. A few years ago they replaced the wires coming off the impact sensors, I think this is the same the wires need replacing. I have no idea where they go coming off the switch on the hood latch?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
11/18/2016
Buick Mechanic: tim's auto repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

i may have the diagrams,please stand by

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know this one is not an easy one. I have a feeling if I keep this car I am going to have a lot more wirering problems.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there.please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tze6tjfr6643jj2/1117-buick-Immobilizer%20Schematics.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/tze6tjfr6643jj2/1117-buick-Immobilizer%20Schematics.doc?dl=0

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That diagram does nothing for my problem. I need one showing the wires coming out of the switch on the hood latch.

ok..stand by

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

this is everything to the BCM

thanks

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9n1g2jfyo2m9xch/1117-buick-Body%20Control%20System%20Diagram%201.doc?dl=0

.

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/9n1g2jfyo2m9xch/1117-buick-Body%20Control%20System%20Diagram%201.doc?dl=0

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All the diagram you sent have nothing to do with my problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why have I been charged when I have not received the correct answers?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your links go now where it says the link does not exist.
Buick Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still need help with my Buick Lucerne.

Do you have a scan tool to monitor BCM data? Looking at data to determine the reason the alarm was triggered is the first step in diagnosing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I do not have a scanning toll but, I get hood open error most of the time. I have replaced the hood latch assy. to no avail. I have had a problem with the wirering before, the impact sensors had a broken wirering from the sensor to the church. It was shunted all better. The wirering go the same bundle so I assume the wirering from the latch switch is also broken. It is obvious that the cpu is not seeing the latch switch. What I want to do is run new wires between the switch and the country. So that is why I want the wirering diagram for that part of the car.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am going to relative now, I will talk to you way later. Thank You and have a good Thanksgiving.

I'm not able to post material directly from the service information due to copyright but can help as necessary.

Has any testing of the hood switch circuits been done to determine what circuit needs to be concentrated on?

Does the hood close properly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the hood closes fine, and without knowing where the wires go how can I check the connection. Please just give me where the 3 wires off the switch. I am going out the door now.

Do you have a digital voltmeter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a volt ohms meter.

All testing has to be done at the time it shows the hood is open but it is not.

Is the black wire grounded?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My back ground is electronics.

Ok.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

Let me know what you find and we can proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been working with this problem for weeks off and on. I is apparent that there is a brake in the lines from the hood switch and computer. In the passed I had a problem with the impact sensors on either side of the radiator, it turned out to be broken wires. They were replaced and all is OK with that problem. It appears that the 3 wires coming off the hood switch go into the same harness. What I need is the wireing diagram for that switch so I can buzz out the wires out. Can you give a diagram showing where those wires go? With the error code "hood open" I can not put the alarm on BIG PROBLEM.

As I mentioned I cannot post material directly from the service information due to copyright but can help as necessary. You aren't to the point of needing a wiring diagram if you don't know which circuit needs to be concentrated on in any event. If purchasing service information was your intent rather than help with diagnosing the problem I would recommend a factory service manual or single vehicle subscription to alldatadiy.com.

Impact sensors are part of the airbag system and aren't of concern here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is obviously clear and blatantly obvious to the most causal observer that there is no signal coming from the hood switch. The problem will not allow me to put the alarm on and yes the switch has been changed.

I do understand you have a hood switch issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The air bag problem has been fixed it was a broken wires.

I did note that from previous posts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Senses you can not send me a print of the wireing diagram, can you just give me what connector the 3 wires off the hood switch go to.

The black wire, the first thing that needs to be tested, is grounded. The other two wires go to the body controller.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What connector and what pines?

Purple/orange C5 pin 17, pink/black C4 pin 17.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not home now and won't be late tonight, I will try it tomorrow. Thank you.

You're welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One more question, those connector point are they going into a module that I think is behind the passenger side rear quarter panel?

No, the body controller is in the right end of the dash to the right of the glovebox.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I will let you know how I made out tomorrow.

Great!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I spent 2hrs yesterday trying to get the glove box out, so I can get at the BCM module. I failed, I know I am doing something drastically wrong but, what?

Did you try removing the kick panel and going up from the bottom?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did.

I assume you've gotten there now then?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will not have access to the car ton work on till this weekend. If you could tell me how to remove the glove box that would help.
Its accessed from underneath through the kick panel area.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try that but, I can not do so until Saturday.

Ok.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician