Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Buick Riviera Lights Dont Go Off With New Bulbs.

Customer Question

I installed new light bulbs on the 1991 Buick Riviera and now the domlights wont go out.
The car had no interior lights, so bought bulbs to try and fix but put 1 bulb in and it wouldn't go out even when I shut the door or turn it off.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an issue with shorted wiring to the light assemblies causing this issue here needing repaired or a faulty relay or control unit that controls these lights.If you have a test light or multi meter to do some electrical testing I can try and walk you through this testing to see if we can pinpoint the cause just let me know.Usually it is a shorted wire at the over head dome light needing repaired but we would need to test this further to pinpoint and repair this issue.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete