rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2008 Buick Lacrosse - bought brand new; I keep it

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Buick Lacrosse - bought brand new; I keep it serviced by Payton Chevrolet and they always take good care of it. However in July the "service tire monitor system light came on, took it to Payton, couldn't find anything wrong with it but the light did not come on / few weeks thereafter, repeat of the same, checked it and light was off; after the third time I am exasperated, checked with them and was told they would have to check each tire individually, which is costly, until they found the one that is making light come on. The light now stays on and I am wondering if there is a machine - somewhere - that can check without costing around a $100.00 per tire; and how am I suppose to know there is a problem when the car is having a tire problem? Please help, Margie Wynne
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I can look in my book; I do not have a code reader or scan tool.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Buick Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I don't know how to fix anything - I have been to the dealer at least 3 times and when I was out of town - twice since the light worries me.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi Margie,

This really is very easy to diagnose and repair. Not only the dealer, but ANY tire shop including Sears has the tools and knowledge to diagnose and fix this. The only expensive thing it can be is a defective computer, but we don't know yet if that's bad or not.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron