Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I am really a frustrated owner. I have a car at Wilkens

Customer Question

I am really a frustrated owner. I have a car at Wilkens Buick in Glen Burnie, MD. This car gets driven very gently, it is garage kept, not driven off road, and does not get abused on the highway. Yet I have a failed flywheel, a cracked swaybar, and leakage from the right front wheel drive shaft. All of this is going to cost me $2400 dollars to fix. This car has 72K miles on it and I bought it new. I have a Toyota bought one year later that has never had any failure of any kind. I am swearing off of Buicks after this one. How can I get satisfaction out of GM?
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: The car condition outside and inside is very good. I have also had to replace other failed items like a front wheel bearing and some relays at over $600. When the car is freshly repaired it is fun to drive and is a good performer. It is just that it seems something is always going on with it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2008 LaCrosse
JA: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not fixing it myself. A flywheel change is too big a job and at 68, I don't do that size job anymore.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jared D replied 12 months ago.

Those are not common issues for this car. They are usually pretty reliable. The cracked swaybar sounds very unusual. That takes a lot of force to break. The failed flywheel is unheard of on these engines. Strange. How did they make the diagnosis on this stuff?