Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

My speedo,tach,fuel gauge and odometer stopped working on my

Customer Question

my speedo,tach,fuel gauge and odometer stopped working on my 06 lacrosse thinking i need a new/rebuilt ECM
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: can't tell if gas mileage slipped (fuel gauge off) hd to jump start after only a few minutes with radio on and engine off though
JA: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i will have a mechanic fix Local dealer appeared clueless...my research points at faulty ECM
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: would this issue also cause sloppy shifting of tranny at times
Category: Buick
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Lack of engine speed and vehicle speed will cause poor shift quality.

With the issue you are having it indicates, as you suggested a possible ECM issue or a communication issue between the instrument cluster and the ECM as well as the body control module.

Locating the reason for the failed instrument cluster should resolve the problems you are experiencing with the shifting as well.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?