Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I have a 1995 Buick Regal 3.8 four door. How does it take to

Customer Question
Hi! I have a 1995...
Hi! I have a 1995 Buick Regal 3.8 four door. How long does it take to install a new high pressure power steering hose?
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: i had a break down of the power steering and all of the fluid was lost. the power steering pump and the resavior are fine. The leak was from the power steering high pressure hose which needs to be replaced
JA: Are you fixing your Regal yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. I have a mechanic doing the work. I think his labor costs are too high and most of it is the labor that is why im asking how long does it take to replace it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
10/6/2016
Buick Mechanic: Gary, Buick Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

is this the pressure or return line that needs to be replaced ?

the high pressure hose is @ 2 to 3 hours to change

X.s the shops labor rate which the average is 100 to 120 range so roughly the labor should be 300 range give or take is a fair labor amount v/s the book time

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician