Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2004 Rendezvous. No start. Fuel pressure is 55psi key on and

Customer Question

2004 Rendezvous. No start. Fuel pressure is 55psi key on and holding. Has spark. Will start right up and run with starting fluid
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Eric,

Have you checked to see if you have injector pulse while cranking?

Has the computer system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No codes. have not checked injectors

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

If it will start on added fuel then the next step would be to check to be sure you have key on power at the injector and a pulse while cranking. Check this and let me know the results?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

How do I check for power at injector? I have snap on ehos pro.

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

You can check for power with a standard 12 volt test light or a volt meter by checking for battery voltage (key on) at the power side of any of the injectors. You can also use a standard 12 volt test light to check for injector pulse. Place the test end of the light on the power wire on any of the injectors and the ground end on the other wire and crank the engine over. If you have pulse the light should flash while cranking.