Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Fuel pup relay kept overheating now no longer wiI work,

Customer Question
Fuel pup relay kept overheating...
Fuel pup relay kept overheating now no longer wiI work
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 110000 yes been cranking fine but occasionally had to change out fpr
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 20008 buick Lucerne
JA: What year is your Lucerne?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About to purchase a new fuse panel and fuel pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2016
Buick Mechanic: Gary, Buick Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

did one of the relay terminals look black or where it got hot ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Relay burn on one terminal e every time it decides to blow out finally wont work by replacing it

in the rear fuse box is fuse # 1 called fuel pump bad ?

with the relay out with the key OFF does one terminal show 12 volts in the fuse box that the fuel pump relay connects into ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Didnt test the volts

see if one terminal does

also put back in the relay and see if that fuse shows 12 volts when cranking it over

99 % of these if NOT getting 12 volts at the grey wire at the fuel pump are bad internal fuse box failures

if the wiring under the box looks good replace the fuse box and be sure to put a new fuel pump relay in it and coat the terminals with alot of dielectric grease that should fix this problem

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will try this thanks

anytime

dont forget to rate us here

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here

Gary
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician