Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have just completed changing the brakes on my 2012 Buick

Customer Question

I have just completed changing the brakes on my 2012 Buick Enclave. The vehicle has 94,000 miles on it, and this is the second brake job. The installation of the pads and front rotors went very well, and the pedal is firm. The problem is that there is a noise which sounds like rubber when the pedal is pressed and released. This occurs when the vehicle is stopped and moving. I need to know I can remedy this condition
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 1 year ago.

Look at where the rod from the pedal goes through the fire wall and see if there is any fluid there and let me know what you see

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rod is dry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 6:50, am I going to get an answer this evening or should I sign off until tomorrow?

pull the sensor out of the vacuum booster, it will just pull straight out and run a piece of wire in like a dipstick and see if there is any fluid present in the booster