Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

My remote trunk open button just buzzes. is there a manual

Customer Question
way to open the trunk? JA...
my remote trunk open button just buzzes. is there a manual way to open the trunk?
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: when i click the button I hear a rattle buzz but the latch will not release.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2007 Lucerne
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not yet. would like to if I can
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: There may be something caught in the latch i put a duffel bag in this morning and may have closed the lid onto the bag strap
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
8/24/2016
Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Buick Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked for a key cylinder hole at the trunk near the license plate area at all?

If you have someone push down or pull up on the trunk at the same time when trying to open it will it open then at all to then remove the part of the duffel bag?If not see if this works and let me know so we can continue from here.

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks I will try that and let you know.

My info does show that there should be a trunk lock cylinder at the rear near the license plate area or around the emblem in some cases.See if you can locate this as well and use the key to try and unlock and open it while pushing down or pulling up on the trunk.

If this does not work in either case here with the release button or key unfortunately you may have to have a lock smith come out and use their tools to release the latch or have the back seat removed to see if the trunk can be accessed in any way to try and manually release it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Buick Technician