Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My car is a 2007 Buick Lucerne, CSE, with about 130,000

Customer Question

My car is a 2007 Buick Lucerne, CSE, with about 130,000 miles. I have a recurring problem with first the traction light (and also ABS light) which kept coming on, and I would lose traction. At that point, the Buick dealer replaced a sensor in right front tire.
About 3 months later the ABS light, the Service Brake Assist message, and other lights stayed on the whole drive home, about 40 minutes, while the door locks kept going up and down and the a/c quit working properly. The dealer took a week to tell me they couldn't figure it out, and when I said I would pick up the car, the next day they said they should change out the electronics module, for $874, which they did.
A week later the whole scenario happened again. I took the car in on Wednesday; it is the following Tuesday; they still can't figure out what is wrong. I am seeking a refund of $874.
Any ideas on what is wrong? They say they can't locate the sensor that is doing this.
Thank you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need help. Why wouldn't I? Is this a sham? What is the answer? I can't wait up all during the night to tell you I still need an answer. Of course I do. Please answer.

Do you know which codes are stored now?

I assume you do not have a scan tool or know someone that does which can monitor wheel speeds while driving?

Are all 4 tires the same brand, size, age, right pressure, and tread depth?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,I don't know codes. All my tires are the same size, etc. What do they have to do with it? This is a situation where the ABS light, the traction light, all start flashing, and the door locks go up and down while driving. And about three months ago I had a similar issue with the traction not working properly, and they replaced a sensor in right front tire. The dealer does not seem able to find the sensor they believe is the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FYI, they decided it was an electrical short so the wiring was contacting the strut tower which kept grounding out and damaged the mechanism. I am canceling this alleged service.