Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

When I turn my 2004 Buick Regal to the right at anything

Customer Question

When I turn my 2004 Buick Regal to the right at anything other than a very slow speed it sounds like when a metal fan blade just barely touches the fans cage. It is fairly loud. Now for a little more info, I have found that I can cause this same noise to occur when I jack up the right front wheel about 6 to 8 inches. It appears that either centrifugal force to the left when turning right or the right front being raised above the front left is causing something to shift just enough to touch something that is turning. It is not steady patern of noise but close to it when jacked up. It sounds like it is coming from the back of the engine as it is not associated with my radiator fans. Maybe the transmission
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Buick Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: No it has not been overheating
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing other than trying to isolate where the noise is coming from. Until I found out I could cause the noise to happen by jacking up just the left tire, it only happens when you are driving which could have been many things.
Category: Buick
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

is it coming from the control arm?

is it coming from the control arm?