rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

After jumpstart horn honks random, security light on and

Customer Question

After jumpstart horn honks random, security light on and radio LOCKED. 2004 Buick Century
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Solid car drives but also honks random. No I have not tried to reset
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing so far. I would like to if possible
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

No problem, here is an attachment for you to follow and fix it yourself. Please remember to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on too.

Thanks, Ron